The Junior Cougar cheer program offers the opportunity to girls ages 5-12 to learn the fundamentals of competitive cheer and to do so in a safe, encouraging and fun environment. Young athletes of all skill levels are encouraged to join. The Junior Cougar cheer coaches will provide basic instruction, training and conditioning for both sideline and competitive cheer.
SCJC will be hosting two (2) youth cheer teams providing the opportunity for girls age 5 through 11 to participate. The freshman cheer team is comprised of 7-9 year old girls. The JV cheer team consists of 10-12 year olds. In addition, we offer the opportunity to 5-6 year old girls to participate as cheer mascots. Our cheer mascots will practice with our freshman team but on a limited practice schedule.
By The Numbers
- 5-6 year old girls will participate as "cheer mascots" including a limited practice schedule, sideline cheer at games and a mascot performance at Mega Cheer
- 7-9 year old girls will participate on the freshman cheer team
- 10-11 year old girls will participate on the JV cheer team
- 3 practice nights per week (2 hour practices)
- 8 total games (4 home & 4 away) for the season (plus up to 3 play-off games)
- 1 major competitive cheer event called "Mega Cheer"
- $275 registration fee
- $125 refundable equipment deposit
- $100 refundable volunteer deposit
- Minimum fundraising commitment (per family) -OR- $200 buyout to opt-out of all fundraising activities
- Cheer uniforms will be provided by SCJC but some optional items may be purchased (warm-up outfit, briefs, bodysuit, hair bows, etc)
Ready to get started?
Register soon to secure your 2019 roster spot!
Still have questions?
Review answers to the most commonly asked questions.