CHEER ATTENDANCE POLICY
Attendance is crucial to the success of our cheer teams. When one girl misses, her entire stunt group is unable to practice. The Stoney Creek Junior Cougars Cheer team is a Competitive Cheer Organization; similar to how our football players practice to compete in games our cheerleaders practice to compete at two cheer competitions held by our league. It is highly recommended to evaluate if your athlete and family are able to commit to the policy below.
- The attendance policy goes into effect the week after camp.
- Miss three practices will have to sit out the first half of the following football game (still must be present and dressed for the full game to support cheer teammates)
- Missing six practices will result in sitting out for the entire following football game (still must be present and dressed for the full game to support cheer teammates)
- Exceptions will be made for athletes who provide a doctor’s note if exceeding three absences. Please note, if an injury has occurred and competition is still a possibility, your athlete will be asked to sit and watch practices to observe and learn the material.
- Practices during the month of August will be 4 days a week until the start of school.
- Once school begins practices will be Monday and Wednesdays
- There will be a dress rehearsal prior to every competition
- Missing a football game counts as an absence.
The Junior Cougar cheer program offers the opportunity to athletes ages 5-12 to learn the fundamentals of competitive cheer and to do so in a safe, encouraging and fun environment. Young athletes of all skill levels are encouraged to join. The Junior Cougar cheer coaches will provide basic instruction, training and conditioning for both sideline and competitive cheer.
SCJC will be hosting two (2) youth cheer teams providing the opportunity for athletes ages 5 through 12 to participate. Team participation age is determined the age of your child as of September 1st. The freshman cheer team is comprised of 8 and 9 year olds. The JV cheer team consists of 10 to 12 year olds. In addition, we offer the opportunity to 5 to 7 year olds to participate as cheer mascots. Our cheer mascots will practice with our freshman team but on a limited practice schedule.
NOTE: Rochester Community Schools does not support or endorse any of the organizations and/or activities/events identified on this website. Stoney Creek Junior Cougars is a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit association (Tax ID 810870785) and is NOT owned or operated by Stoney Creek High School.
By The Numbers
- 5-7 year old girls (grades K-2) will participate as "cheer mascots" including a limited practice schedule, sideline cheer at games and a mascot performance at Mega Cheer
- 8-9 year old girls (grades 3th & 4th) will participate on the freshman cheer team
Your child will be at least 8 years old by September 1st, 2023 and no older than 9 years old by September 1st, 2023
- 10 -11 year old girls (grades 5th & 6th) will participate on the JV cheer team
- Your child will be at least 10 years old by September 1st, 2023 and no older than 11 years old by September 1st, 2023 exception - If 12 years old prior to Sept 1st but in 6th grade your athlete is eligible
- 2 to 3 practice nights per week (2 hour practices)
- 8 total games (4 home & 4 away) for the season (plus up to 3 play-off games)
- 2 competitive cheer events called "Mini Cheer" & "Mega Cheer"
- $325 registration fee
- $125 refundable equipment deposit
- $450 refundable volunteer deposit
- Minimum fundraising commitment (per family) -OR- $200 buyout to opt-out of all fundraising activities
- Cheer uniforms provided by SCJC but optional items may be purchased
Still have questions?
Review answers to the most commonly asked questions.