Competitive Youth Tackle Football
Welcome to the Junior Cougar youth football team for 7 - 12 year olds. Even though our focus is to support the Stoney Creek school district as a "feeder" organization into Hart MS and Stoney Creek HS, we welcome young football players who reside anywhere in the Northern Oakland County area inside or outside of the Stoney Creek HS district lines.
From an X's & O's perspective, we've designed our program to align with the basic football concepts of Stoney Creek High School. Our youngsters benefit from the ability to learn basic terminologies, formations and plays that they'll continue to run after graduating from the Junior Cougar program.
We currently have two (2) teams with playing ages ranging from 7 to 12 with the playing age determined by the age of your child as of September 1st. Our freshman team consists of 8 & 9 year-olds (with a maximum of five 7 year-olds). Our JV team consists of 10 - 12 year-olds (with a maximum of five 12 year-olds and 12-year old players must be entering 6th grade and NOT turn 13 y/o on or before December 1st.).
NOTE: Rochester Community Schools does not support or endorse any of the organizations and/or activities/events identified on this website. Stoney Creek Junior Cougars is a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit association (Tax ID 810870785) and is NOT owned or operated by Stoney Creek High School.
By The Numbers
- 7-9 year olds will participate on the freshman football team
- Your child will be at least 7 years old by September 1st, 2022 and no older than 9 years old by September 1st, 2022
- 10-12 year olds will participate on the JV football team
Your child will be at least 10 years old by September 1st, 2022 and no older than 11 years old by September 1st, 2022 *exception If 12 years old prior to Sept 1st but in 6th grade your child will be eligible to play
- 8 total games (4 home & 4 away) for the season
- 3 possible play-off games (including the Super Bowl)
- 5 practices per week (2 hours each) prior to the first game
- 4 practices + 1 game per week after the season starts
- $325 registration fee
- $250 refundable equipment deposit
- $450 refundable volunteer deposit
- Minimum fundraising commitment (per family) -OR- $200 buyout to opt-out of all fundraising activities
- SCJC to provide equipment & uniforms with jersey to be kept by player (cleats and mouth guards will need to be purchased separately)
Ready to get started?
Register now to secure your 2020 roster spot!
Still have Questions?
Review answers to the most commonly asked questions.